One that's fit for purpose in today's mobile world.
One that tells you what’s actually going on with your money, so you feel in control every second of every day. All eighty-six four hundred of them.
A bank with great rates and no monthly fees, which uses smart technology to show the most relevant information about your spending, saving and bills, so you can plan forward, as well as look backward.
We’re stripping the waste out of banking to give back to customers and challenging the status quo of what banking is and how it’s done.
We’ve found the best and brightest in banking and technology and liberated them to create the bank they’ve always dreamed of, with smarter technology and experiences that people have come to expect in a world run on your mobile.
Your money’s safe with us. We’re backed by Cuscal, Australia’s largest independent payments company, and our deposits are guaranteed up to $250,000 per customer under the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme.
We also use the latest technology, free from legacy systems, with the most advanced in-built protection and detection mechanisms, all run by a highly experienced team.
It’s just smart banking.
- General Manager Products & Service, Cuscal
- Chief Executive Officer, Big Sky Building Society & Australian Unity Banking
- Chief Executive Officer, ANZ Japan
- Chief Executive Officer, ANZ Fiji
86 400 CEO Robert Bell has extensive leadership experience in financial services across Australia and Asia Pacific, his most recent role being General Manager, Product and Service at Cuscal. Prior to this he was CEO of Big Sky Building Society & Australian Unity Banking, and held multiple senior leadership roles at ANZ including CEO positions at both ANZ Japan and ANZ Fiji. Rob’s commitment to building a genuine alternative to the big four banks is the driving force behind the 80+ strong team at 86 400.
- Head of Operations & Projects – Banking, Australian Unity
- Regional Business Manager – Commercial Banking Asia Pacific, ANZ
- Regional Strategy Manager – Pacific, ANZ
- Regional Product Manager – Pacific, ANZ
Matthew Chan joins 86 400 excited by the opportunity to change the Australian banking landscape and as COO is responsible for ensuring that the bank’s ‘engine room’ runs smoothly. With an extensive banking career, Matt brings a wealth of experience in leadership and management of frontline enablement, operations and project management across diverse geographies in Asia, Pacific and Australia.
Originally from Western Australia, Matt has completed a Bachelor of Science (honours) and worked as a Geologist before transitioning into financial services. He has completed a Master of Applied Finance and is a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute Australasia. Matt’s considerable experience will be invaluable to ensure 86 400 delivers a truly different, digital banking experience.
- Director, Legal & Commercial Affairs, iQ Group Global
- General Counsel & Company Secretary, Hunter Hall International Limited
- Henry Davis York, Lawyers
Christina is responsible for leading the legal and company secretarial activities of 86 400. She has 20+ years’ experience across legal, corporate advisory and governance roles and prior to 86 400 held legal and company secretarial roles at a number of financial services providers, and a senior lawyer role at a large commercial law firm. Christina brings her extensive experience to support and make a difference to the 86 400 business.
- General Manager- Emerging Business, Cuscal Limited
- Chief Information Officer, Cuscal Limited
- Chief Operating Officer, Espreon
- Chief Information Officer, ING Direct
As CIO Brian Parker takes on the role of building the technology to deliver our digital bank. In his prior role as General Manager at Cuscal, Brian identified the opportunity to build a digital bank and developed the business case for 86 400.
He brings with him a proven track record of successfully implementing technology to build businesses as both a CIO and COO. He was a key member of the design authority that delivered the New Payments Platform and delivered the first HCE mobile payments App in Australia.
Brian is no stranger to banking, having been part of the technology team that launched Citibank in Australia and as CIO built the technology to launch and grow ING Direct. He is a technologist at heart and takes pride in developing teams that deliver value to customers by leveraging technology and challenging the status quo.
- Head of Finance & Credit, Illawarra Credit Union
- Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary, Illawarra Credit Union
- Risk and Treasury Manager, Illawarra Credit Union
86 400 CFO Belinda Hogan is an accomplished finance leader and banking executive. She has experience across multiple functions including management and financial accounting, treasury, credit and banking operations, taxation, governance and collections. Belinda is a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). She has completed a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Business Law), Bachelor of Arts (History), an executive leadership program from London Business School and is currently completing a Master of Business Administration.
Belinda is passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience and brings her extensive experience to make a difference to the 86 400 business.
- Chief Risk Officer, CBA International Financial Services (Hong Kong)
- Chief Risk Officer CBA Business and Private Banking (Sydney)
- Global Head of Credit & Risk AMP Banking
- Head of Credit Policy Egg/Prudential Banking
In addition to serving on three ADI Boards, Guy has extensive Risk Management experience gained with a variety of institutions in Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia including direct involvement with three banking start-up operations in the UK and South Africa. Most recently Guy was CRO for CBA’s International Financial Services Division and had previously been the CRO for the CBA’s Business and Private Banking portfolio in Australia. Guy arrived in Australia as Global Head of Credit and Risk at AMP in 2001 and his experience spans retail, SME and Corporate banking. He is a passionate believer in digital banking and the opportunities it brings to reshape the Australian retail banking experience.
- General Manager Consumer Digital, Westpac
- Head of Mobile Apps, Westpac
- National Operations Manager- Consumer Lending, St.George Bank
With two decades of retail banking experience, Travis Tyler takes on the CPMO role at 86 400. Leveraging experience across the customer life cycle and most recently running the digital business for Westpac Group, Travis’s passion for the customer and working at the digital edge positions him well to help build the first truly customer obsessed bank. Working with a world class technology team, Travis aims to reinvent everyday banking and deliver new experiences to customers to truly improve their whole financial world.
Chair Board Governance and Remuneration Committee
Chair Board Governance and Remuneration Committee
- Founder and Chairman, Atom Bank plc
- Founder and Chairman, Metro Bank plc
- Co-founder and Chairman, the Financial Services Forum
- Goldman Visiting Professor of Innovation and Enterprise, Newcastle Business School
Anthony Thomson is the founder and former Chairman of not one, but two disruptive banks in the UK. Metro Bank, the UK’s first new bank in 150 years and Atom Bank, the UK’s first bank for mobile. He’s raised in excess of $1billion in capital over the course of his career and is a highly respected financial services expert worldwide. He has served as the Goldman Visiting Professor for Innovation and Enterprise at Newcastle Business School, Visiting Professor at London Metropolitan University, and is the co-author of No Small Change: Why Financial Services Needs A New Kind of Marketing. As Chair of 86 400, he will bring his extensive experience in the financial industry and a hunger to shake up the banking landscape in the Australian Market.
Chair Board Risk Committee
Chair Board Risk Committee
- Current member of the Expert Advisory Group to the Minister of Human Services on Digital Transformation
- Past member of the Advisory Committee for Australian Treasury
- GM, Strategy & Business Development, CBA
- Division Director, Risk Management Group, Macquarie Bank
- Management Consultant, Booz Allen & Hamilton
Akiko Jackson has more than 25 years of leadership and advisory experience in financial services across Australia, Japan and the US. She is highly experienced in equity raising (including Initial Public Offering), post-merger integrations, digital transformation and turning around businesses using her extensive experience in organisational capability development, strategy development, risk management and large-scale transformation.
- Managing Director, Cuscal Limited
- Managing Director, Espreon Limited
- CEO, Monster Worldwide, Asia Pacific
- Head of Direct Banking, ING
- Chief General Manager Electronic Banking, Advance Bank Australia Ltd
Craig is one of the founding Directors of 86 400 that lead the team who developed the business case to bring a better banking experience to Australia. Craig joined Cuscal as its Managing Director in December 2008 and has more than 30 years of experience in the financial services sector, with particular expertise in digital banking and payments. Craig is also a Director of NPP Australia Limited, and a member of the Australian Payment Council.
Chair Board Audit Committee
Chair Board Audit Committee
- Chief Financial Officer, Interactive Inc
- Advisory Board Member, CSIRO’s Data61
- Division Director, Macquarie Group
- Member NSW Women In FINSIA Committee
- Non-Executive Director, NICTA
Belinda serves as the CFO of Interactive, Australia’s largest privately held IT services organisation. She has over 20 years’ experience in the financial services sector, the majority of which has been with Macquarie Capital in both Principal Investments and M&A advisory to the Telecommunications, Media and Technology industry sector in Australia, the USA and Asia. She has worked with clients and investee companies ranging from early stage technology ventures to Fortune 500 companies.
- Chairman of Cuscal Limited
- Chairman of Australian Retail Credit Association
- Non executive director of AUB Ltd, Sezzle Inc.
- Non executive director NESS Superannuation
Paul is the Chair of Cuscal Limited, Australia’s leading independent payments provider. He has almost forty years’ experience in banking and finance including the inaugural Chair of NPP Australia Limited, managing director roles with Mortgage Choice, Permanent Trustee and Heritage Building Society as well as senior executive roles with Westpac in Sydney and London. He runs his own consultancy business specialising in strategy formulation, executive coaching, and board governance.
- Executive for Enterprise, MYOB
- Non-executive director with Acumatica Holdings
- Past Chief Customers Officer, EnergyAustralia
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (2017)
Kim is the Executive for Enterprise at MYOB, a leading provider of online business management solutions. She is an internationally experienced C-suite executive with over 20 years in the software, telecommunications and energy sectors. She has diverse functional experience spanning technology, finance, marketing, sales and commercial disciplines.